Chesterfield Cycle Campaign promotes cycle use in Chesterfield for both leisure and utility journeys.
By campaigning for a comprehensive network, we aim to improve conditions for cyclists so that cycling becomes a safer and more attractive option than car travel for local journeys.
The Summer 2008 campaign newsletter is now available on the website, on the Publications page.
There is a big and exciting cycling event happening in Nottingham on the spring bank holiday weekend, and we thought it might be fun to get a group of cycle campaign people to all go along together.
The Get Cycling Show is organised by The Company of Cyclists, and has loads of bikes to try out, competitions, displays, unusual bikes of all descriptions, stunts, demos, cycle surgery and lots more. You can read all about it here. It’s held at the Nottingham Racecourse on 25th and 26th May.
To join in the group trip:
– Meet at Chesterfield train station at 9:45 am on Monday 26th to catch the 9:53 train to Nottingham
– once in Nottingham it’s a 10-15 minute walk to the bus stop, the buses go half hourly and it’s approx 10mins bus journey
– we should be at the show by 11:30am
– return train tickets cost £10.50 for an adult, less if you’ve got a railcard. Bus tickets are extra
– tickets for the show – advance tickets £4, tickets on the day £5, children are £2.50 or £3.50. If more than 10 of us want to go, we could get a group discount.
Please let us know if you’re planning to join in, so we can get a rough idea of numbers (but do just turn up on the day if you want to). You can email Jessie Marcham or phone her on 01246 210704.
Hope to see you there!
The Campaign will be providing cycling information from its stall at the annual May Day event in New Square, Chesterfield on May 5th from 10 am to 3.30 pm.
Members of the Campaign will also take part in the march around the town on their bicycles. All are welcome to come and take part; starting from the Town Hall at 11 am, we will begin gathering from around 10.30 am.
If you can help on the stall for some of the day please contact the Secretary on 01246 520820