There is a big and exciting cycling event happening in Nottingham on the spring bank holiday weekend, and we thought it might be fun to get a group of cycle campaign people to all go along together.
The Get Cycling Show is organised by The Company of Cyclists, and has loads of bikes to try out, competitions, displays, unusual bikes of all descriptions, stunts, demos, cycle surgery and lots more. You can read all about it here. It’s held at the Nottingham Racecourse on 25th and 26th May.
To join in the group trip:
– Meet at Chesterfield train station at 9:45 am on Monday 26th to catch the 9:53 train to Nottingham
– once in Nottingham it’s a 10-15 minute walk to the bus stop, the buses go half hourly and it’s approx 10mins bus journey
– we should be at the show by 11:30am
– return train tickets cost £10.50 for an adult, less if you’ve got a railcard. Bus tickets are extra
– tickets for the show – advance tickets £4, tickets on the day £5, children are £2.50 or £3.50. If more than 10 of us want to go, we could get a group discount.
Please let us know if you’re planning to join in, so we can get a rough idea of numbers (but do just turn up on the day if you want to). You can email Jessie Marcham or phone her on 01246 210704.
Hope to see you there!